Monday, April 15, 2013

Tastey, Inexpensive Chicken Dinner!

I'll start by saying cooking/baking is not my forte, so I am always on the look out for recipes that are simple, but not boring at the same time.  I've been to able to impress a few guests and diguise my lack of cooking skills with this great chicken dish, so I promise this will earn you some brownie points or ohh's and ahh's with whomever you are trying to impress! Maybe I'm the only one that puts on the oven mits when people come over, and you aren't trying to impress anyone? Either way you are sure to enjoy!

Bake time: 45 minutes

Estimated prep time: 15 minutes

Grocery store list:
Medium/ Large chicken breast
K-smart cereal of your choice
Laughing Cow light spreadable cheese wedges (flavor of your choice...I usually just get plain)
Egg whites
Asparagus

Heat overn to 375 degrees

Step 1)
Place cereal in a plastic bag and crunch up until desired texture to bread chicken with. Set aside.

Step 2)
Use a sharp knife to cut about a two inch wide slit through the middle of chicken.

Step 3)
Slice cheese wedges into four pieces (I use one cheese triangle per chicken).

Step 4)
First dip chicken in a bowl of egg whites, and then roll in cereal until completely covered. Place on greased cooking pan.

Step 5)
Slide two pieces of asaparagus into slit along with the four pieces of cheese sparadically all throughout the inside of slit.

Step 6)
Place and oven, and bake for fourty five minutes!




No comments:

Post a Comment